Chandigarh is the capital of Punjab and Haryana. It is famous with the name of Chandigarh-The City Beautiful. The city was designed by modernist architect Le Corbusier. It is one of the best tourist attraction for tourists from India and all over abroad.Here we upload the list of Top 10 Things to do in Chandigarh:
Also Read : Top Spa Salon in Chandigarh
- Elante Mall: Elante Mall is a shopping mall in the city of Chandigarh. It is the second largest shopping mall in Northern India and the fourth largest in India. The Mall has an 8-screen Multiplex of PVR Cinemas. Elante has great food court, courtyard full of cafes, sports bars and has various clothing brands. The mall has restaurants and fast food joints also like KFC, Nando’s, McDonalds and Burger King. There is fun city for the kid’s entertainment.It is located in Plot No. 178, Industrial Area, Phase 1, Chandigarh, 160017.
2. Rock Garden : TheRock Garden of Chandigarh is also known as Nek Chand’s Rock Garden after its founder Nek Chand. He started this garden in 1957. It is completely built of industrial and home waste and thrown-away items.it is nearby Sukhna Lake. This garden is divided into 3 phases. Tourists come from Abroad and all over India to see this beautiful garden built by Nek Chand. The garden is visited by over 5,000 people daily.It is located in Sector 1 Chandigarh.
3. Sukhna Lake : Sukhna is a lake which is built in Chandigarh at the foothills of Himalayas.This lake was created in 1958. The lake was created by Le Corbusier and the Chief Engineer P L Verma. Sukhna has a membership-based Lake Club with lawns, a gym, indoor games, swimming pool and tennis courts. Boating can be enjoyed throughout the year.Sukhna Lake is located in Kaimbwala, Chandigarh.
4.Rose Garden : Rose Garden is botanical garden located in Chandigarh.Rose Garden is also known as Zakir Hussain Rose Garden. It is spread over 30 acres of land with more than 50,000 bushes of 1600 different species.it was created in 1967. Chandigarh Administration arranges Rose Festival every year in Rose Garden in the month of February.it is located in Sector 16 Chandigarh.
5. Open Hand Monument : The Open Hand Monument is a symbolic structure located in It is designed by the architect Le Corbusier.It symbolizes “the hand to give and the hand to take; peace and prosperity, and the unity of mankind”. It stands 26 metres high.it is located in Sector 1 in the Capitol Complex of Chandigarh.
6. The Government Museum and Art Gallery, Chandigarh : It was Established in August 1947. Itis a natural history museum and art gallery in Chandigarh .It is designed by the architect Le Corbusier.The gallery has The National History Museum, The National Gallery of Portraits and The Chandigarh Architecture Museum.It is located in Sector 10-C,Chandigarh near the Rose Garden.
7. Chandigarh Golf Club : Chandigarh Golf Clubis a private members only golf club in It has a 7,202 yard, 18 hole course known for its challenging narrow fairways, a long 613 yard long, dogleg 7th hole and floodlighting on the first nine holes. The club has a fine clubhouse, a swimming pool and a gymnasium for its 2300 members.It is located in Sector 6 Chandigarh.
8. ChattBir Zoo : ChattBir Zoo is a zoological park situated close to Zirakpur.It has large variety of birds, mammals and reptiles. The lion safari is the most interesting part about the Chattbir Zoo .The Chattbir zoo prides itself with the Royal Bengal tiger.It is located in Village Chhat, Zirakpur.
9. Punjab Cricket Association Stadium: It is located in Mohali near Chandigarh. It is popular with the name of Mohali Stadium.It is like home to Punjab Cricket Team. The construction of the stadium took around₹ 25 crore and 3 years to complete. The stadium has an official capacity of 26,950 It was designed by Arun Loomba and constructed by R.S. Construction Company,Chandigarh.It is located in Sector 63 ,Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar,Mohali,Chandigarh.
10.Leisure Valley: The Leisure Valley starts from the Rajendra Park.land of about 400 acres abutting the Secretariat building on its eastern side. Le Corbusier himself designed the landscape scheme of this park . t was started in 1954 and is used for long walks, learning to drive and horse riding.Tt is located in Sector 10,Chandigarh.
Stay in touch with us for more on Things to do in Chandigarh …!!