Students who are willing to study in abroad countries, they have to appear for academic IELTS. Academic IELTS contains 4 modules: Reading, Speaking, Writing and Listening. Here we are providing list of IELTS Academic Reading Books 2016.
The Academic IELTS Reading Module takes 60 minutes and there are 40 questions to answer. Each question is worth 1 mark.
Description of Reading Module
The Reading Passages: There are three reading passages with a total of 2,150-2,750 words. These passages are taken from journals, magazines, books, and newspapers.
At least one text will contain detailed logical argument. One of the texts may contain non-verbal materials such as graphs, illustrations or diagrams. The texts and questions become more difficult through the paper.
The Questions: Students are provided with the instructions with examples of any unfamiliar question types.
You must answers all questions on an Answer Sheet during the 60 minutes No extra time has been ever given to any student
These are the below mentioned questions one can expect in the academic reading module:
- multiple choice questions
- short-answer questions
- true, false or not given
- yes, no or not given
- choosing a heading for a paragraph
- sentence completion
- notes/summary/diagram/flow chart/table completion
- match the columns
Academic Reading Test Score
Here we are providing list of 2016 IELTS Academic Reading Books :
Official IELTS Practice Materials 2 : This book is written by Cambridge ESOL. This book contains practice tests for all the academic modules .Book is packaged with DVD also.This books costs INR 1573 .
2. Collins Reading for IELTS : This book is written by Els Van Geyte.The 4-billion-word Collins corpus is the world’s largest database of the English language. It is updated every month and has been at the heart of Collins COBUILD for over 20 years.This book costs INR 150.
3. Complete Skills For Ielts (with-2 CDs) (DIC) : This book is written by author Harper Collins. is an all-in-one book for the IELTS examination. The IELTS exam tests a candidate on four skills that is Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. This book contains enough material for the candidates to brush up their skills in all the four departments.The cost of the book is INR 391.