Everyone dreams of a fair and glowing skin .Some born with dusky, whitish or fairer skin. The complexion one carries depends on the amount melanin one’s skin has.Though it’s not possible that one can totally change the color of his/her skin but there are number of natural ways which can help us to lighten the tone of skin .Here we discuss some Home Remedies to Get Fair Skin.
It is very difficult to change the amount of melanin naturally present in your skin however you can always remove sun tan and pigmentation caused by overexposure, stress and neglect which will leave your skin glowing and fairer. The main key to fair and glowing skin is disciplined approach and patience.
Here we talk about the simple ways that are easily available at home and can help you get fair skin!
- Lemon Juice
Lemon is the best natural remedy for skin lightening. The citric acid in lemon juice also creates a light bleaching effect. By taking a bath in a lemon juice rinse, you can lighten your skin a little for a fairer complexion. If you want to remove the blemishes and dark spots the lemon juice is the best remedy to work wonders for your skin.
Cut lemon into two half and rub fresh lemon juice over the face, neck and arms or at darkened skin of your body.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Remember not to go outside while doing this treatment.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Moisturize your skin after the treatment as lemon juice will leave your skin a bit dry.
- Repeat the process three times a week for best results.(Excess usage can irritate our skin )
Note: You should be careful as lemon can cause irritation on the wounds and cuts.
Turmeric is an Indian Spice and it’s an ingredient used by our ancestors form many centuries. It is being considered as one of the best home remedy for fair skin.
- Take a 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice or you can opt for olive oil (as per your choice).
- Mix it well and make a paste.
- Apply it all over the exposed skin and spread it thinly.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Note : People with sensitive skin can dilute the pack with a little amount of water. Turmeric may temporarily stain your skin yellow, but this will quickly wash away.
Also Read: Skin Care Routine for Daily Basis
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known for helping your skin heal after getting burned. But it also does wonders as it has a compound called anthraquinone that gently lightens the skin. Aloe is being used as an ingredient in a number of different creams and lotions. For best results, use an aloe vera plant directly on your skin.
- Cut a piece of Aloe Vera into half.
- Slather the gelly part of aloe all over your skin.
- Let it get dry and absorbed for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water or you can keep it on.
Note: Aloe is beneficial for the skin in so many ways that there’s really no need to wash it away!
Tomato juice is a perfect choice for the home remedies for skin lightening. This face pack will lighten the skin tone, reduce tan and eliminate the dead cells on the face.
- Blend 1-2 tomatoes and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into it.
- Add some gram flour .(Optional)
- Blend well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over the face.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure daily before bath.
Note: It reduces the production of melanin in the skin, protects the skin from UV damage and gives an oil-free, noticeably light skin tone.
5. Papaya and Cucumber Face Pack
This face pack is enriched with skin whitening enzymes, healthy vitamins, and powerful antioxidants .It treats skin imperfections like discoloration, dark marks, pigmentation.
- Cut slices of ripe papaya and cucumber in equal amount.
- Blend it well together to make a smooth paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh milk cream into the above mixture.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Wash off after 20 minutes.
Note : Use this face pack regularly to get a visibly fairer skin.
For more details on how to get fair skin , stay tuned with us !!!!!!