What is Pimple/Acne? Pimple or Acne is a result of a blockage in the pores or follicles (a small gland on the skin. It may include pimples, rashes, whiteheads and blackheads. It occurs usually on the face, chest, shoulders and the back.
Pimples occur when the sebaceous glands, which are located at the base of hair follicles, become overactive. Pimples are also known as spots or zits. Acne affects 60% of youngsters between 12 to 24 years of age. Sometimes pimple/acne becomes the reason of embarrassment, depression and lack of confidence.
Causes of Pimple/Acne:
- Irregular meal timings
- Excess consumption of starch, sugar, oil or fat.
Symptoms of Pimple/Acne:
- Red and Itchy Rashes
Home Remedies to Prevent Pimple/Acne:
- Lemons: Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and it’s good for all types of skin. It’s a citric acid which helps to exfoliate the skin. It works like an astringent.
- 1 TBS of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cotton Balls.
- Yogurt (Optional)
Rinse face gently with water and pat dry .Dab fingers, a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply to pimples .If its stings, try mixing it with first with a bit of yogurt.
Honey’s antibiotic properties can help improve acne.
1 TBS of Honey
Apply a teaspoon to affected areas, or make a mask by mixing 1/2 cup of honey with 1 cup of plain oatmeal and leaving it on for 30 minutes.
3. Coriander Leaves and Turmeric Powder: It is one the best home remedy to prevent pimples:
- Coriander Leaves
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
Take a handful of washed coriander leaves and crush them finely. Now place the paste on a sieve and press to extract the juice. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Mix well the whole paste. Apply this mixture on the face every night.
4. ICE: Ice helps treat pimples by improving the blood circulation in the affected skin area. It also helps freeze clogged skin pores, which in turn removes oil and dirt particles accumulated in the skin. Ice will also reduce the inflammation and pain caused by pimples.
- ICE Cubes
- Wrap ice cubes or crushed ice in a clean, cotton cloth and gently press it on the affected area for a few seconds.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the process three or four times.
- Do this twice daily to get rid of pimples within a day or two.
- Drink ample water
- Do not poke, squeeze or pick at Pimple.
- Include lots of fruits and vegetable in your diet
- Cleanse and exfoliate your face regularly