History of Holi: Holi is one of the ancient festivals of India. This festival was originally known as ‘Holika’. The original meaning of the word Holi is ‘burning’. There is very famous story behind this ancient festival which has been told us since childhood.
In earlier times, there was demon king Hiranyakashyap who wanted everybody in his kingdom to worship only. But his own son Prahlad was one of the biggest devotees of Lord Naarayana. Hiranyakashyap commanded his sister Holika to enter the blazing fire along with Prahlad in her lap. Holika had advantage that she could enter fire without any damage to her own body.
She was not aware of the fact that this advantage will only work if she enters the fire alone. As a result she paid a price by losing her life and Prahlad was saved by the grace of God for his extreme devotion. Thus the festival celebrates the victory of good over evil and also the triumph of devotion.
- Bright colors, water balloons, lavish gujiyas and melodious songs’ are the ingredients of perfect Holi. Wish you a very happy and wonderful Holi.
- Holi tyohar hai Rang aur Bhaang ka
Hum sab yaaron ka
Ghar mein aaye mehmano ka
Gali mein gali walon ka
Mohalle mein mahoul waalo ka
Desh mein deshwalo ka.
Boora naa maano Holi hai Holi hai bhai Holi hai!
- May this festival Spread into your Life Peace, Prosperity, Happiness and Good Health. Happy Holi.
- पिचकारी की धार, गुलाल की बौछार,
अपनों का प्यार,यही है यारों होली का त्यौहार.
- राधा का रंग और कान्हा की पिचकारी ,
प्यार के रंग से रंग दो दुनिया सारी ,
ये रंग न जाने कोई जात न कोई बोली
मुबारक हो आपको
रंग भरी होली !!
- Sher kabhi chupkar shikar nahi karte,
buzdil kabhi khulkar waar nahi karte,
aur hum wo hain jo “HAPPY-Holi” kehne ke liye,
23 tareekh ka intzar nahi karte!
Happy Holi in advance.
- Lal, gulabi, neela, pila hathon me liya samet,
Holi ke din rangenge sajni, kar ke meethi bhent.
- May God gift you all the colors of life, colors of joy, colors of happiness, colors of friendship, colors of love and all other colors you want to paint in your life. Happy Holi.
- If wishes come in rainbow colors then I would send the brightest one to say Happy Holi.
- Hum Aap k dil me rahte hain,
Isliye Aap ki khabar rakhate hain.
Koi Humse pahle Wish na kar de Aapko,
Isliye 4 din pahle hi ” HAPPY HOLI ” kahte hain
- Woh bhi kya din the, Jab hum sath mein holi manaya karte the,
Tum apna gulabi chehera aage karte the, Aur hum uss par hara rang lagaya karte the.
- Today we are miles apart,
But I wanna reach across the miles,
And say that i’m thinking of you in a very special way..
- Dil Sapno se HOUSEFUL hai,
Poore honge wo doubtful hai,
Is Duniya me har Chiz Wonderful hai,
Par Zindagi aap jaise logo se hi colourful hai.
- Chandan ki khushbu, Resham ka haar!
fagun ki fhuhaar, rango ki bhahar!
Dil ki ummide apno ka pyaar
Mubaarak ho apako,Holi ka Tyohaar
- Makki ki Roti, Nimbu ka Aachar,
Suraj Ki Kirne, Khushiyo ki Bahar,
Chand Ki Chandi, Apno ka Pyar,
Mubarak Ho Aapko, Holi ka Tyohar.
- Khushiyan ho overflow,
masti kabhi no ho low.
Dosti ka surur chhaya rahe,
jeb me bhari maya rahe.
Shorat ki ho bauchhar,
aise aaye aapke liye leke Bahar-
Holi ka Tehwar.
- Aise manana holi ka tyohar,
Pichkari se barse sirf pyar,
Yahi mausam hai apno se gale milne ka
To gulal lekar ho jao taiyar. Happy Holi.
- “Best wishes to you for a Holi filled with sweet moments and memories to cherish for long. Happy Holi!
- Let the colours of Holi spread the message of peace and happiness.
- If Wishes come in Rainbow Colours, then I would send the brightest one to say Happy Holi”.
- Holi is a special time of year to remember those who are close to our hearts with splashing colors!
- Red for love, green for prosperity, orange for success and pink for happiness. May God Bless you and your family with all these colors, Happy Holi!
- Let this festival burn all negativity and bring positivity in life.celebrate with vibrant colors.
- Rangon se bhi rangeen zindagi hai humari, rangeeli rahe yeh bandagi hai humari, kabhi na bigde ye pyar ki rangoli, aye mere yaar aisi HAPPY HOLI.
- Celebrating the colors of our beautiful relationship, I wish you and your family all the bright hues of life.
- Just like a red rose that fills the world with beauty & fragrance‚¦ You have made my life so beautiful by being in it. On Holi, the festival of colors & joy I wanna say thank you for all the love & smiles you’ve brought to my life.
- Jeewan k har rang dosto se hai Koi Laal, Koi Neela Koi Hara,Koi Peela Par jab bhi aapko dekhte hai dil bus yehi puchta hai. YEH NAYA rang konsa hai. Happy Holi.
- Celebrating the colors of our beautiful relationship, I wish you and your family all the bright hues of life. Have a colourful Holi !
Related : All About Christmas
Keep in touch with us for more updates on Holi…!!!!